|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Bake Time||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Baking Pan||Loaf Pan 24cm|
- 2 ½ cups (375g) self raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup (100g, firmly packed) brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 250g Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup (80g) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- Fresh figs, cut in half
- Fresh honeycomb, broken
- Toasted hazelnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan). Grease a Wiltshire 24cm x 13cm loaf pan and line the base and two long sides with baking paper.
Place the flour, sugar and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the banana, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla. Stir until just combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the cream cheese frosting, place all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth and creamy.
Place the loaf on a serving platter, spread with the cream cheese frosting and decorate with figs, honeycomb and hazelnuts.